Close Menu
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Trending
  • Some cancer patients don’t respond to immunotherapy. An existing asthma drug could change that.
  • The Appalachian Mountains hold enough lithium to make 500 billion cellphones, researchers discover
  • 800-year-old notebook with ‘rather unpleasant odor’ found in medieval German toilet
  • Celestron AstroMaster LT 70AZ review
  • Global warming is accelerating 5,000 times faster than rice can evolve
  • Scientists discover deadly, highly venomous box jellyfish near Singapore’s ‘Island of Death Behind’
  • Poll: What do you think of PMOS, the new name for PCOS?
  • Celestron Outland X 10×25 roof prism binocular review
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Baynard Media
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Baynard Media
Home»News»U.S. military announces latest strike on an alleged drug boat in the eastern Pacific
News

U.S. military announces latest strike on an alleged drug boat in the eastern Pacific

EditorBy EditorNovember 16, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military carried out another strike on an alleged drug boat in the eastern Pacific on Saturday, killing three people, according to a Sunday post to X from the U.S. Southern Command.

The latest strike is at least the 21st that the military has conducted on alleged drug boats during the second Trump administration, prompting concerns from some lawmakers.

The U.S. Southern Command’s post said the strike was at the direction of Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. The post alleged that the boat was “operated by a Designated Terrorist Organization” and was “trafficking narcotics in the Eastern Pacific,” adding that the strike took place in international waters.

“Intelligence confirmed that the vessel was involved in illicit narcotics smuggling, transiting along a known narco-trafficking route, and carrying narcotics,” the post said.

NBC News has not independently confirmed the military’s account of the strike. The administration has not provided evidence supporting its allegations about the vessel or the people on board.

Video released by U.S. Southern Command appears to show the strike causing a large wave to spike up next to the boat, which is then engulfed in flames.

The announcement came days after NBC News previously reported that the Trump administration carried out its 20th such attack, according to a Pentagon official. That strike took place in the Caribbean Sea. Previous attacks took place in both the Caribbean and the eastern Pacific, and they have killed more than 75 people, according to officials.

Sunday’s announcement came the same day the USS Gerald R. Ford, a major aircraft carrier, arrived in the Caribbean.

The strikes have generated controversy in Congress, as Democrats and some Republicans paint the administration’s moves as heavy-handed overreach that circumvents lawmakers.

But in October, the Senate rejected a resolution requiring Trump to obtain congressional approval for military strikes in the Caribbean. Earlier this month, the Senate voted down a similar resolution that would require the president obtain congressional approval for any military action against Venezuela.

Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Rand Paul of Kentucky sided with Democrats to push for a congressional authorization requirement.

Paul previously said in an October interview on NBC News’ “Meet the Press” that the strikes “go against all of our tradition.” He raised concerns over people being killed without the administration providing evidence of a crime, noting the possibility that some of those killed could be innocent.

Megan Lebowitz is a politics reporter for NBC News.

Mosheh Gains, Courtney Kube and Frank Thorp V contributed.

Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleNFL news: Injuries hit star quarterbacks in Week 11
Next Article Summer House’s Kyle Cooke on Amanda Batula Divorce Rumors
Editor
  • Website

Related Posts

News

Omar files new financial form in response to Trump, GOP critics

April 21, 2026
News

Ex-CENTCOM commanderwarns against ‘risky’ US ground op to seize Iran uranium

April 21, 2026
News

Santa Ana’s Upcoming Report on Police Firing on ICE Protesters Lacks Details

April 21, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Recent Posts
  • Some cancer patients don’t respond to immunotherapy. An existing asthma drug could change that.
  • The Appalachian Mountains hold enough lithium to make 500 billion cellphones, researchers discover
  • 800-year-old notebook with ‘rather unpleasant odor’ found in medieval German toilet
  • Celestron AstroMaster LT 70AZ review
  • Global warming is accelerating 5,000 times faster than rice can evolve
calendar
May 2026
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Apr    
Recent Posts
  • Some cancer patients don’t respond to immunotherapy. An existing asthma drug could change that.
  • The Appalachian Mountains hold enough lithium to make 500 billion cellphones, researchers discover
  • 800-year-old notebook with ‘rather unpleasant odor’ found in medieval German toilet
About

Welcome to Baynard Media, your trusted source for a diverse range of news and insights. We are committed to delivering timely, reliable, and thought-provoking content that keeps you informed
and inspired

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
© 2026 copyrights reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.