Close Menu
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Trending
  • China’s real-life ‘transformer’ mech is a giant humanoid robot that can switch from bounding on 4 legs to walking on 2
  • How can we prevent AI models from cannibalizing themselves when human-generated data runs out? Scientists say they’ve found the answer.
  • ‘The system is likely to reach a breaking point’: Major Italian volcano is speeding toward a transition, and a major eruption could be on the way
  • China installs world’s largest floating wind turbine in deep water test — it generates enough energy to power 4,200 homes annually
  • Diagnostic dilemma: A biopsy of a woman’s cancerous tumor caused it to vanish
  • Physicists confirm ‘negative time’ is real in mind-bending quantum experiment
  • Complex animals evolved up to 10 million years earlier than previously thought, fossil discovery shows
  • Scurvy-plagued whalers’ remains discovered at ‘Corpse Point’ on Arctic island
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Baynard Media
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Baynard Media
Home»News»Pritzker says he will respond if Trump deploys National Guard to Chicago
News

Pritzker says he will respond if Trump deploys National Guard to Chicago

EditorBy EditorAugust 28, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Illinois’ Democratic Gov. JB Pritzker said the state “will not stand idly by” if President Donald Trump makes good on his threat to deploy the National Guard to Chicago to respond to crime in the Windy City.

“Unlike Donald Trump, we keep our promises,” the governor wrote Wednesday on X. “We will not stand idly by if he decides to send the National Guard to intimidate Chicagoans.”

“Action will be met with a response,” he continued.

Pritzker’s comments are just the latest in his recent feud with Trump, as the federal government weighs whether to send troops to Chicago.

TRUMP SAYS ‘INCOMPETENT’ ILLINOIS GOVERNOR, ‘NO BETTER’ CHICAGO MAYOR SHOULD CALL HIM FOR HELP WITH CRIME

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker speaks at a news conference in downtown Chicago, flanked by state and city leaders.

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker warned he will not stand idly by if President Trump deploys National Guard troops to Chicago. (Kamil Krzaczynski/AFP via Getty Images)

Last week, the governor said there is no crime emergency in Chicago and Trump is “attempting to manufacture a crisis, politicize Americans who serve in uniform, and continue abusing his power to distract from the pain he is causing working families.”

“The safety of the people of Illinois is always my top priority,” Pritzker said on Saturday. “There is no emergency that warrants the President of the United States federalizing the Illinois National Guard, deploying the National Guard from other states, or sending active duty military within our own borders. We will continue to follow the law, stand up for the sovereignty of our state, and protect the people of Illinois.”

On Monday, Pritzker said the potential federal deployment is “unconstitutional” and “un-American.”

“Donald Trump wants to use the military to occupy a U.S. city, punish its dissidents and score political points,” he said. “If this were happening in any other country, we would have no trouble calling it what it is — a dangerous power grab.”

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson, also a Democrat, has cited data showing that violent crime has declined in the last year, including homicides and robberies dipping by more than 30%, and shootings dropping by nearly 40%. Although, crime is still up compared to 2021, according to statistics posted by Chicago police.

GOV. PRITZKER SAYS TRUMP TRYING TO ‘MANUFACTURE A CRISIS’ AS ADMIN PLANS NATIONAL GUARD DEPLOYMENT TO CHICAGO

Trump and Pritzker

President Donald Trump and Illinois Gov. Pritzker exchanged jabs over the potential federal deployment of National Guard troops to Chicago. (AP)

“The problem with the President’s approach is that it is uncoordinated, uncalled for, and unsound,” Johnson said on Friday. “Unlawfully deploying the National Guard to Chicago has the potential to inflame tensions between residents and law enforcement when we know that trust between police and residents is foundational to building safer communities.”

“When we fight back against tyranny, the people united will always prevail,” the mayor later said.

Other Illinois leaders have also made criticisms of the potential move to send troops to Chicago.

Trump responded to Pritzker and Johnson on Tuesday, writing in a social media post that the governor is “incompetent” and the mayor is “no better.”

“A really DEADLY weekend in Chicago,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “6 DEAD, 27 HURT IN CRIME SPREES ALLOVER THE CITY. Panic stricken Governor Pritzker says that crime is under control, when in fact it is just the opposite. He is an incompetent Governor who should call me for HELP. Mayor Johnson is no better. Make Chicago Great Again!”

Trump speaks with National Guard and law enforcement personnel

President Donald Trump speaks with members of law enforcement and National Guard soldiers in Washington, D.C. (Jacquelyn Martin/AP Photo)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

This comes after Trump’s move to boost the presence of federal law enforcement in Washington, D.C., in an attempt to reduce crime. 

Hundreds of federal agents and National Guard troops have been deployed to the streets of D.C. as part of the federal takeover of the district.

Source link

chicago crime world Donald Trump illinois jb pritzker national guard Politics us
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBest electric toothbrush in 2025 (UK)
Next Article Chinese scientists create multicolored glow-in-the-dark succulents that recharge in sunlight
Editor
  • Website

Related Posts

News

Omar files new financial form in response to Trump, GOP critics

April 21, 2026
News

Ex-CENTCOM commanderwarns against ‘risky’ US ground op to seize Iran uranium

April 21, 2026
News

Santa Ana’s Upcoming Report on Police Firing on ICE Protesters Lacks Details

April 21, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Recent Posts
  • China’s real-life ‘transformer’ mech is a giant humanoid robot that can switch from bounding on 4 legs to walking on 2
  • How can we prevent AI models from cannibalizing themselves when human-generated data runs out? Scientists say they’ve found the answer.
  • ‘The system is likely to reach a breaking point’: Major Italian volcano is speeding toward a transition, and a major eruption could be on the way
  • China installs world’s largest floating wind turbine in deep water test — it generates enough energy to power 4,200 homes annually
  • Diagnostic dilemma: A biopsy of a woman’s cancerous tumor caused it to vanish
calendar
May 2026
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Apr    
Recent Posts
  • China’s real-life ‘transformer’ mech is a giant humanoid robot that can switch from bounding on 4 legs to walking on 2
  • How can we prevent AI models from cannibalizing themselves when human-generated data runs out? Scientists say they’ve found the answer.
  • ‘The system is likely to reach a breaking point’: Major Italian volcano is speeding toward a transition, and a major eruption could be on the way
About

Welcome to Baynard Media, your trusted source for a diverse range of news and insights. We are committed to delivering timely, reliable, and thought-provoking content that keeps you informed
and inspired

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
© 2026 copyrights reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.