Close Menu
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Trending
  • Scientists discover deadly, highly venomous box jellyfish near Singapore’s ‘Island of Death Behind’
  • Poll: What do you think of PMOS, the new name for PCOS?
  • Celestron Outland X 10×25 roof prism binocular review
  • Withings Body Scan review: Smart scale turned all-in-one health hub
  • World’s first ‘native’ color lidar will let robots and self-driving cars map the world in full color 3D
  • Bright-blue ‘potash ponds’ shine alongside a dark-green river in Utah — Earth from space
  • Deadly Ebola outbreak is a public health emergency of international concern, WHO declares
  • 1,200-year-old giant ‘death jar’ in Laos contains generations of human skeletons
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Baynard Media
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Baynard Media
Home»News»Israel bombs residential building in north Gaza’s Beit Lahiya, killing 50 | Israel-Palestine conflict News
News

Israel bombs residential building in north Gaza’s Beit Lahiya, killing 50 | Israel-Palestine conflict News

EditorBy EditorNovember 18, 2024No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Civil defence spokesman says rescue workers are unable to reach the site of the attack due to the Israeli siege.At least 50 Palestinians killed as Israel bombs Gaza residential building

At least 50 people, a third of them children, have been killed in an Israeli strike in northern Gaza’s Beit Lahiya city, authorities said, as deadly bombardments hit the central and southern parts of the besieged Palestinian territory.

Gaza’s Government Media Office on Sunday said Israeli forces struck a multistorey residential building housing six forcibly displaced Palestinian families in Beit Lahiya.

The Ministry of Health’s Director-General Munir al-Bursh told Al Jazeera that almost 30 percent of the victims of the Beit Lahiya “massacre” were children. He said dozens of others were wounded and many more are feared trapped under the rubble.

Mahmoud Basal, spokesman for the Palestinian Civil Defence in Gaza, told Al Jazeera that emergency workers were unable to reach the site of the attack due to the more than 40-day-old Israeli siege of northern Gaza.

With reports of several people trapped under the rubble, the death toll is likely to rise in the coming hours.

There was no immediate comment from Israel, which has been conducting genocide in the Palestinian territory for more than a year.

It was not the first time Israel had hit Beit Lahiya, resulting in mass casualties. Last month, its forces bombed the Abu Nasr family residence in the city, killing at least 93 people.

On Saturday, Israel also attacked the United Nations-run Abu Assi school in the Shati refugee camp, killing 10 Palestinians and injuring 20 others, including women and children.

following an Israeli strike in the Bureij refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip on November 17, 2024, amid the ongoing war between Israel and the Hamas militant group. (Photo by Eyad BABA / AFP)
The aftermath of an Israeli strike on the Bureij refugee camp in central Gaza [Eyad Baba/AFP]

Last month, the Israeli army sent tanks into Beit Lahiya and the nearby towns of Beit Hanoon and Jabalia, the largest of the Gaza Strip’s eight historic refugee camps, in what it said was a campaign to fight Hamas.

Israel claimed the operation killed hundreds of fighters in those three areas. But Palestinian authorities said the attacks killed mostly women, children and the elderly, while also leaving tens of thousands starving to death with no access to food, water and medical help.

Earlier on Sunday, separate Israeli air raids killed at least 17 people in the Nuseirat and Bureij refugee camps in central Gaza.

Al Jazeera’s Hind Khoudary, reporting from Deir el-Balah, said “explosions did not stop” in central parts of the Strip throughout Sunday morning.

“At Al-Aqsa Hospital, there are 17 killed Palestinians in the morgue. People are waiting to bury the dead, but there is a shortage of coffins across the Gaza Strip,” she said.

“We saw mothers crying, bidding farewells to their loved ones,” Khoudary said, adding that many of those killed, including four children, were members of the same family.

A Palestinian woman reacts as victims of an Israeli strike are transported to the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir Al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip on November 17, 2024, amid the ongoing war between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas militant group. (Photo by BASHAR TALEB / AFP)
A Palestinian woman reacts as victims of an Israeli attack are transported to Al-Aqsa Hospital in Deir el-Balah in the central Gaza Strip [Bashar Taleb/AFP]

In southern Gaza’s Rafah city, an Israeli bombing killed five Palestinians, according to our colleagues from Al Jazeera Arabic.

The Health Ministry said on Sunday at least 43,846 Palestinians have been confirmed killed in Israeli attacks since October 7, 2023.

Meanwhile, Palestine’s Transport Minister Tariq Zourob told private sector representatives during a meeting at the Palestinian embassy in Cairo that, as a result of Israeli attacks, the damage to transport and communication infrastructure across the enclave had reached $4.8bn.

At least 300,000 tonnes of “solid waste” are reportedly on the roads across the Gaza Strip, Zourob was quoted as saying by the Palestinian news agency Wafa on Sunday.

Source link

Israel-Palestine conflict Middle East News Palestine
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleUFC champ Jon Jones, 49ers star Nick Bosa and other athletes celebrate with ‘Trump Dance’
Next Article Israeli attack targets Gaza school sheltering displaced Palestinians
Editor
  • Website

Related Posts

News

Omar files new financial form in response to Trump, GOP critics

April 21, 2026
News

Ex-CENTCOM commanderwarns against ‘risky’ US ground op to seize Iran uranium

April 21, 2026
News

Santa Ana’s Upcoming Report on Police Firing on ICE Protesters Lacks Details

April 21, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Recent Posts
  • Scientists discover deadly, highly venomous box jellyfish near Singapore’s ‘Island of Death Behind’
  • Poll: What do you think of PMOS, the new name for PCOS?
  • Celestron Outland X 10×25 roof prism binocular review
  • Withings Body Scan review: Smart scale turned all-in-one health hub
  • World’s first ‘native’ color lidar will let robots and self-driving cars map the world in full color 3D
calendar
May 2026
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Apr    
Recent Posts
  • Scientists discover deadly, highly venomous box jellyfish near Singapore’s ‘Island of Death Behind’
  • Poll: What do you think of PMOS, the new name for PCOS?
  • Celestron Outland X 10×25 roof prism binocular review
About

Welcome to Baynard Media, your trusted source for a diverse range of news and insights. We are committed to delivering timely, reliable, and thought-provoking content that keeps you informed
and inspired

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
© 2026 copyrights reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.