Close Menu
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Trending
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
  • Anti-Islam activists clash with pro-Muslim counter-protesters in Dearborn, Michigan
  • Best monitor deal: Get the 45-inch LG Ultragear gaming monitor for its lowest price yet
  • Slovakia U21 0 – 4 England U21
  • 13 Top Sleep Products That Transform Your Bedtime Routine for Better Rest
  • Firefighters rescue puppies from burning house
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Baynard Media
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Baynard Media
Home»News»King Charles to remove Prince Andrew’s titles and eject him from Royal Lodge
News

King Charles to remove Prince Andrew’s titles and eject him from Royal Lodge

EditorBy EditorOctober 30, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Britain’s Prince Andrew will have his royal titles formally removed and will move out of his home in Windsor, Buckingham Palace has said, as the royal faces growing pressure over his ties to the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement that King Charles had “initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours” of his younger brother.

“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor,” the statement said, an escalation from measures announced two weeks ago, when the palace said that Andrew would stop using some of his titles, including the Duke of York.

The statement says that the “censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him,” adding: “Their Majesties [King Charles and Queen Camilla] wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”

The palace also said that a formal notice had been served for Andrew to leave his home at the Royal Lodge, close to Windsor Castle.

It comes after revelations that Andrew was paying a rent of “one peppercorn (if demanded) per annum” on the 30-room mansion owned by the Crown Estate, despite stepping back from public duties six years ago. The arrangement was revealed in a Freedom of Information request by The Times newspaper last week.

The palace said: “His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence. Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation.”

The Royal Lodge was the home of Elizabeth, King George VI’s consort and the mother of Queen Elizabeth II, from 1952 until she died in 2002.

Legal documents published by The Times, not verified by NBC News, indicated that King Charles III’s younger brother paid 1 million pounds for the lease when he moved into the property in 2004, also paying 7.5 million pounds for refurbishment works. The palace and Prince Andrew did not previously comment on the reports.

The Royal Lodge, the residence of Prince Andrew, near Windsor, England.
The Royal Lodge, the residence of Prince Andrew, near Windsor.STAR MAX / IPx / AP file

In a statement two weeks ago, Andrew cited “the continued accusations about me” that “distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family.”

“As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me,” Andrew said.

The storm has only intensified since, with the publication of late Epstein survivor Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s posthumous memoir, detailing allegations against Andrew, last Monday.

Giuffre, who died by suicide in April, wrote that she had sex with the prince when she was 17 years old. Giuffre said one of the occasions was an “orgy” involving “eight other young girls” who “appeared to be under the age of 18 and didn’t really speak English.”

Andrew reached a legal settlement with Giuffre for an undisclosed amount in February 2022 after she filed a civil case against him in a New York court. He has repeatedly denied having met her and previously denied that a photograph of the two of them is real.

NBC News has approached Andrew for comment.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Nick Duffy

Nick Duffy is a weekend and world editor for NBC News.

Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleNanotryrannus ‘proven beyond a reasonable doubt’ to be new species of dinosaur, not just a teenage T. rex
Next Article King Charles Removes Prince Andrew From Home After Giving Up Titles
Editor
  • Website

Related Posts

News

George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury

January 17, 2026
News

Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies

January 17, 2026
News

Anti-Islam activists clash with pro-Muslim counter-protesters in Dearborn, Michigan

November 19, 2025
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Recent Posts
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
  • Anti-Islam activists clash with pro-Muslim counter-protesters in Dearborn, Michigan
  • Best monitor deal: Get the 45-inch LG Ultragear gaming monitor for its lowest price yet
calendar
February 2026
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
232425262728  
« Jan    
Recent Posts
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
About

Welcome to Baynard Media, your trusted source for a diverse range of news and insights. We are committed to delivering timely, reliable, and thought-provoking content that keeps you informed
and inspired

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
© 2026 copyrights reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.