Close Menu
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Trending
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
  • Anti-Islam activists clash with pro-Muslim counter-protesters in Dearborn, Michigan
  • Best monitor deal: Get the 45-inch LG Ultragear gaming monitor for its lowest price yet
  • Slovakia U21 0 – 4 England U21
  • 13 Top Sleep Products That Transform Your Bedtime Routine for Better Rest
  • Firefighters rescue puppies from burning house
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
Baynard Media
  • Home
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Travel
Baynard Media
Home»Sports»Alexander Isak transfer news: Newcastle directors visit exiled forward amid ongoing stand-off over St James’ Park future | Football News
Sports

Alexander Isak transfer news: Newcastle directors visit exiled forward amid ongoing stand-off over St James’ Park future | Football News

EditorBy EditorAugust 26, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Newcastle directors Jamie Reuben and Jacobo Solis visited Alexander Isak at his house yesterday ahead of the game with Liverpool.

The group held talks about the striker’s future, which remains up in the air with less than a week of the transfer window remaining.

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe said he wanted clarity on the situation in his post-match following the late home defeat to Liverpool.

When asked about the talks by Sky Sports immediately after the 3-2 defeat, he said: “I wasn’t aware of it. Talks have been going on since Alex decided not to go on tour with us. I’ve concentrated on coaching the team so I’ve got no update for you.”

Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan was present at the game but was not part of the talks with Isak at his house earlier in the day.

Who are Jamie Reuben and Jacobo Solis?

Newcastle currently have six directors, including Al-Rumayyan who was at St James’ Park on Monday evening.

Jacobo Solis is the head of public investments for Saudi PIF, the fund that owns Newcastle, and is the newest member of the club’s board after being named a director last December. He previously worked as an investment banker in the USA. He is also involved in LIV Golf and the E1 power-boating series.

Jamie Reuben is the son of British billionaire investor David Reuben, and has been a co-owner of Newcastle since 2021. He was previously on the board of directors at QPR.

Howe focused on ‘players who want to be at Newcastle’

Howe revealed in his post-match press conference that he has not spoken to Isak for almost a week, and said his full focus had been on preparing his team for the Monday Night Football clash.

The Newcastle boss further admitted he would prefer to have Isak’s situation sorted before the end of the transfer window, which closes at 11pm on September 1 – but is leaving the 25-year-old’s future up to those above him at St James’ Park.

He said: “I’ve not been party to talks on this for a long time now. I’ve been concentrating on preparing the team and giving all my energy to the players who want to play for Newcastle, I think that’s where it’s best placed now.

“It would be ideal to have clarity and move forward, and change the narrative because it’s the start of the season and we’ve got to get results and focus on what we can control.

“The quality of Alex would’ve made a difference in the two games, there’s no denying that. But the team has functioned really well. That doesn’t happen without every part of the team functioning well.”

Guimaraes: No one wins if the team loses

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player


BRUNO ON ISAK

Newcastle’s Bruno Guimaraes reflected on the loss against Liverpool and commented on the absence of Alexander Isak

Newcastle captain Bruno Guimaraes to Sky Sports:

“We always try to give our best, it’s exactly what the message means. No one wins if the team loses. There’s a lot of noise outside we can’t control.

“I can’t say anything, it’s much bigger than me and I’m not in control of things going on outside. The focus is just to play for the club, make the fans proud and I think they left the stadium thinking that today. We lost but football is like that sometimes.”

‘Newcastle are spinning plates as deadline approaches’

Sky Sports News reporter Keith Downie:

“For Newcastle, it feels very much at the moment like spinning plates. We don’t yet know what is going to happen with Alexander Isak whether he will remain a Newcastle United player or not but they’re ensuring that they’re doing everything they can to get in replacements should he move to Liverpool.

“It will be interesting to see whether Newcastle go in with an improved bid for Morgan Strand Larsen – clearly Eddie Howe is looking for striking reinforcements.

“They don’t want to overspend though. I spoke to him just a couple of days ago in the build-up to Monday’s game. He said they don’t want to overspend but they know they need strikers in because they’re playing not just in the Premier League this season but they’ve got a Champions League campaign to contend with as well.”

Sky Sports to show 215 live Premier League games this season

215 live Premier League matches up from 128 this season on Sky Sports
Image:
215 live Premier League matches up from 128 this season on Sky Sports

This season, Sky Sports’ Premier League coverage will increase from 128 matches to at least 215 games exclusively live.

And 80 per cent of all televised Premier League games this season will be on Sky Sports.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleMeghan Markle, Chrissy Teigen Reunite for With Love, Meghan
Next Article Best robot vacuum deal: Save 50% on Shark AI Ultra
Editor
  • Website

Related Posts

Sports

Slovakia U21 0 – 4 England U21

November 19, 2025
Sports

Scotland secure World Cup qualification: Steve Clarke ‘couldn’t be happier’ as 27-year wait ends on dramatic night | Football News

November 19, 2025
Sports

Scotland 4 – 2 Denmark

November 18, 2025
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Recent Posts
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
  • Anti-Islam activists clash with pro-Muslim counter-protesters in Dearborn, Michigan
  • Best monitor deal: Get the 45-inch LG Ultragear gaming monitor for its lowest price yet
calendar
February 2026
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
232425262728  
« Jan    
Recent Posts
  • George Kittle’s wife shares live reaction to Achilles injury
  • ‘The scientific cost would be severe’: A Trump Greenland takeover would put climate research at risk
  • Headlines Across OC as Angel Stadium Sale Debate Intensifies
About

Welcome to Baynard Media, your trusted source for a diverse range of news and insights. We are committed to delivering timely, reliable, and thought-provoking content that keeps you informed
and inspired

Categories
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
© 2026 copyrights reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.